This garden was officially dedicated in 1937. In 2007 it was "adopted" by a non-profit volunteer organization which rescued and renovated it. Since then over 4000 volunteers have participated in maintaining it.
The garden is designed for maximum display. Roses are planted in masses of the same variety for maximum impact. They are pruned high to keep bushes large to produce maximum bloom and visual display. Frequent educational events are held in the garden and public outreach is extensive. through newspapers and online.