This garden, designed in 1916 and completed in 1988, was extensively renovated in 2006. It has more than 4000 plants and over 680 varieties of roses.
The garden is being transformed with a mission of increased disease resistance and sustainability. Over the past three years high maintenance roses have been replaced with more than 2,500 new, hardy roses, chosen for disease resistance, long flowering time and easy care. The entire back border was redesigned as a Heritage Rose Collection.
The garden also hosts the Northeast version of the Earth-kind rose Trials.